The U.S. Energy History Visualization project is conducted by members of the University of Chicago’s Center for Robust Decision-making on Climate and Energy Policy (RDCEP).
1155 E. 60th St.
Chicago, IL 60637
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (use subject header “SANKEY”)
These projects are ongoing and we would especially welcome inquiries from:
- Professionals in academia or the energy industry with comments, feedback, corrections, or additional data that can inform or improve this project. Did we leave out an important milestone? Omit a source of information on some energy flow? Please let us know.
- Researchers interested in using our tools or software. For Sankey projects, we are currently animating China’s energy history from the 1980s, and are especially interested in India, Sweden, and France in the modern era, and the U.K. from the Industrial Revolution onwards.
- Graduate students, postdocs, and data scientists seeking research opportunities, either as a collaboration or a funded position at U. Chicago. For funded positions, we are seeking candidates with backgrounds in geospatial visualization and/or some combination of energy, Earth science, environmental studies or history. Positions may involve collaboration with U. Chicago’s Center for Spatial Data Science.
- Teachers interested in helping develop educational modules from this material, either at the high school or university level. If you used this tool in your class, please send us feedback. For additional resources on energy history teaching, see http://geosci.uchicago.edu/~moyer/GEOS24705/2018/
- Historians or industry professionals interested in helping us expand the online tool with further informational pages for each of the historical milestones.
- Members of the press or policy communities interested in understanding how these data were generated and how they relate to our potential future choices.